When I first came to visit New Zealand, I was beyond impressed with how the majority of their restaurants cater to those who live a gluten free lifestyle. Even their grocery stores, at the time, were leaps and bounds ahead of the ones I used to frequent in Los Angeles. I was surprised, but thrilled!
This page is dedicated to gluten free spots in New Zealand where you can find a snack, a meal or one of my favorite products. Being gluten free is still equivalent to navigating a rocky path – in high heels – so I want to help make it easier. If you see something I’ve left off or have a question, feel free to leave a comment or send me a note. If it’s a fit for the page, we’ll add your suggestions!
- Kaffee Eis – gelato, anyone? Grab a scoop then head to the harbour. You truly can’t beat Wellington on a good day!
- La Boca Loca – I love to make Mexican dishes at home, but when we’re tired of doing the dishes (and we crave a SoCal flavor!), we head here.
- Sweet Mother’s Kitchen – Inspired by the tastes of New Orleans! Another personal fave.
- Hell Pizza – Gluten free pepperoni. Get. In. My. Belly! Not just in Wellington – you can find locations all over New Zealand.
- Licorice Cafe – Right outside of Turangi on the way to Taupo. Big breakfasts and gluten free options abound.